The Royal Pavilion, Brighton
This was a Partnering Project using the PPC2000 contract.
A rigorous selection procedure resulted in appointment to carry out the pre-contract assessment works, categorising the necessary repairs determined from elevation surveys combined with associated costs.
The works involved:
- Scaffold provision with hoisting.
- Survey investigation.
- Low level non intrusive cleaning of Bath Stone.
- Careful cutting out of defective previous mortar repairs. Reinstatement using natural hydraulic lime renders to decorative elements.
- Indenting with natural stone and hand working original profiles.
- On site manufacture of Jali Screens, hand carved in temporary workshops.
- Preparation and redecoration of stucco, windows and metalwork.
- Roof works, including lead & asphalt.