St Andrews, William Wake House, Northampton
A new classically designed and sustainable eight ward, 132 bed mental health hospital situated in private grounds. The project combined traditional Bath stone and a neo-classical design with modern construction techniques. Working in conjunction with the Principal Contractor, Stonewest applied stringent quality assurance controls to achieve construction tolerances in the stonework facade.
The works involved:
- Initial involvement with the project architects to develop the design and submission of stone samples for approval.
- CAD drawings and cutting sheets for stone manufacture.
- Manufacture and fixing of Stokeground Base Bed used in traditional construction in-built into the backing structure.
- Moulded cornices and pediments.
- Window and door surrounds.
- Rusticated ashlars and plinths.
- Pre-cast stone to inner courtyards matching the natural stone detailing.