Spring Grove House
The College's Main Campus is centered on the Grade II Listed Spring Grove House. The Client's brief was to replicate the Main Portico at the South elevation, onto the West elevation to improve the access for staff and students to the newly built extension wing of the College.
The works involved:
- Developing the architects concept drawing and specification, through to detailed factory cutting sheets ready for production.
- Dismantling the existing hard standing.
- To supply and build new bespoke specialist stonework plinth wall, columns, caps and cornice, new marble treads, risers and landing with anti-slip detailing to meet current DDA regulations.
- To design and install obscure internal timber framework to ensure roof covering remained hidden from view and redirect existing rainwater goods to suit.
- To restore the stucco to the existing doorway to bring up to standard of new masonry and colour wash with Keim paint to match new masonry.
- Lime plaster application to soffit and decorate to completion.
- Water test new roof covering and rainwater goods.