RMA Sandhurst 1998
External refurbishment of Grade II listed NewCollege, designed
in 1908 and comprising 7 buildings forming a strongly symmetrical Edwardian group in Baroque style.
The works involved:
- Elevations of the ground floor are rusticated limestone ashlar with arched openings.
- Upper parts are red brick with limestone dressings and embellishments.
- Cleaning and repair of brick and Bath stone façades, cornices, sills, parapets and leadwork.
- Reconstruction of Edwardian rainwater system.
- Complete refurbishment and redecoration of 1200 timber sash and casement windows.
- General external redecoration.
- Installation of a French drain to the perimeter of each building.
- Co-ordination of works with college users, who remained in full occupation.
- Installation of temporary classrooms/computer rooms.