Natural History Museum, Jerwood Gallery
Gallery 26 (Jerwood Gallery) was damaged during World War II and had been used as a store room since.
The works involved:
- Removal of several layers of paint.
- Cleaning and repairs to original terracotta.
- Severely damaged terracotta replaced with specially sourced blocks.
- Coloured lime based mortars used for other isolated repairs.
- New terracotta ventilation units designed and installed.
- Existing windows adapted to form new doorway.
- Stonewest Ltd was awarded the Mansell’s Premier Subcontractor Award.