Kings Cross Station, Western Range (Award Winner)
The Western Range offices following on from the successful Eastern range project is Stonewest’s second contract at Kings Cross station and the next phase of the major refurbishment works to the building.
The works involved:
- Doff cleaning to stone, brickwork and stucco on all facades.
- Brick pointing and repairs.
- Brick replacements/ dismantle and re-builds using reclaimed material from site.
- Stone cill and coping replacement and repairs using reclaimed material from site.
- Dismantling and rebuilding of chimneys stacks.
- Replacement of chimney pots.
- Installation of flue ventilators to all chimney pots.
- Stucco repairs to existing cornices and string courses.
- Construction of East façade bomb gap at platform level.