Kings Cross Station, Eastern Range (Award Winner)
The Eastern Range project is the first phase of a major refurbishment of Kings Cross Station, this includes the cleaning and repairs of the listed brick facades and the replacement of Crosland Hill Hard York stone sills and Blaxter Sandstone plinths. Exemplar cleaning and repair trials established the scope and specification for the project.
The works involved:
- Doff cleaning to stone and brickwrok on all facades.
- Brick pointing, replacement and repairs.
- Crosland Hill Hard York stone cill replacement and repairs.
- Blaxter sandstone plinth replacement.
- Dismantling and rebuilding of chimneys and cross walls.
- Dismantling and rebuilding internal glazed brickwork.
- Internal glazed brick cleaning and repairs.
- Internal chemical paint stripping from brickwork.