Kings Cross, St Pancras – Phase 2
As part of the planning consent for the redevelopment of Kings Cross, certain buildings required demolition and careful dismantling.
The works involved:
- Prior to works commencing all affected structures were surveyed and recorded to level 4 of the Royal Commission of Historical Monuments of England, in the form of measured survey drawings, written records and black and white photographic record.
- Phase 2 works consisted of the careful dismantling and demolition of the Red Star Building.
- Works also included the piece by piece dismantling of the following structures:
- The Great Northern Hotel Canopy
- The Porte Cochere
- Part of the Northern Canopy
- Various elements of the street furniture to the surrounding areas, including Yorkstone paving, kerbs, bollards, granite setts and parish markers.