Hampstead & Highgate Reservoirs – Railing and Redecoration Works
Covered reservoirs with masonry walling supporting heavy cast iron metal railings. Previous paint coating has failed and corrosion was beginning to affect the metal. Our works consisted of paint removal by abrasive blasting in a fully enclosed semi-mobile scaffold. Repair of all damage and repainting in a three part high specification epoxy paint. Brick and render repairs and repointing to masonry also carried out. Road closures required.
The works involved:
- Clearance of vegetation from boundary wall railings.
- Careful controlled removal of existing lead based paint by air abrasive cleaning.
- Repair of railings including replacement of missing or damaged cast elements.
- Redecoration of railings and outhouses.
- Repair and re-pointing of masonry to boundary wall.
Refurbishing and alterations to the existing double access gate.