Gilbert Collection, Somerset House
Major new museum opened May 2000 in Somerset House.
The works involved:
- Laying screed and installing Hopton Wood limestone flooring in new West and East Galleries to create composite floor.
- Creating tie lock movement joints and provision for access hatches and rubber mats.
- Cleaning, refurbishing and reinstating existing Purbeck stone floors to the corridors on new bedding screeds.
- Specialist restoration of various areas of the listed building facade including the Great Arch on the Embankment.
- Procurement and installation of gas spring stainless steel framed emergency escape hatches and their installation.