Decimus Burton Screen, Hyde Park
Built in 1826, this Portland stone structure consists of three arches linked by flanking colonnades of Ionic columns and an adjacent lodge.
The works involved:
- Cleaning was accomplished by an alkaline chemical method, which was followed by replacement of egg and dart mouldings and an intricate pilaster capital.
- In addition, new leadwork and asphalt roofing were installed, rainwater goods and metalwork renovated and a sophisticated bird deterrent system installed.
- New automatic gates have been fitted to the central arch to improve access for the Household Cavalry.