Canada House, Trafalgar Sq
Canada House is a distinguished building with many fine features. It is also a working building, which has to be practical as well as impressive for its visitors and remained fully operational throughout the works.
The works involved:
- Erection of fully boarded scaffolding to all elevations,
including the lightwell and areas of walling over the roof.
- Cleaning of the stonework and brick to external elevations and lightwell using nebulous water sprays assisted with biocide to remove moss and algae, including the removal of pigeon excrement.
- Stonework and masonry repairs including raking out and re-pointing of the building.
- Replacement of isolated slates at roof level.
- Mastic asphalt roofing repairs.
- Application o f solar reflective paint.
- Lead sheet roofing material repairs.
- Replacement of rainwater down pipes.
- Installation of new eye bolts and testing of existing.
- Cleaning, painting and decorating.
- Installation of anti-bird measures.