Buckingham Palace, Queens Gallery & Kitchen
Stonewest were appointed as Specialists to carry out various new build works to the Queen’s Gallery & Kitchens at Buckingham Palace.
The works involved:
- New build of Portland stone staircase and flooring to upper level, with Hamhill wall cladding and Nero Marquina column bases to the stairwell and York stone flooring to the lower level.
- The entrance hall comprises York stone flooring and walling.
- Portland stone was used for the flooring and staircase in the Gallery Vestibule. At the bottom of the staircase Portland stone urns were manufactured.
- Works to the Nash Gallery and Standing Gallery consisted of Nero Marquina door architraves and skirtings and Bursting stone door thresholds.
- The Cabinet Rooms employed Bursting stone flooring cut around the new steel circular floor grills.
- External works to the Kitchen Green area of York stone paving and Portland stone retaining walls, urns and piers.