Albert Memorial London
Gothic monument dating from 1872. Underground vaults comprise tunnels and arches
The works involved:
- Restoration of brickwork in vault and foundations.
- Inspection of rainwater pipe system.
- Raking out underground, which was subject to stringent dust regulations.
- Brick pointing was repaired following trials to find correct lime-rich mix.
- Replacement of worn out and fractured bricks, particularly at stress points of arches.
- London stock bricks approved by English Heritage.