This grand villa in West London required redecorating with repairs to render substrate. A vital element of the project was to complete the works during the Summer vacation when the Client was away.
This necessitated the erection of scaffolding in the shortest possible timescale with instant decisions following scheduling and some 15 skilled restorers to repair the stucco to allow sufficient drying time prior to redecoration.
The works involved:
- Elevational surveys to establish likely Schedules of Work.
- Scaffolding erected to all four elevations with weather protection above to permit working in inclement weather.
- Paint and render removal throughout.
- Render repairs (plain and decorative) in lime and cement mortars.
- Timber and joinery repairs to windows and eaves.
- Re-routing of rainwater goods and electrical services.
- Slate and lead roofing repairs.
- Repainting of facades and windows.
- A total of 100 replacement quoins and balusters were replaced within the 14 weeks programme.