Great Eastern Hotel
Masonry cleaning and restoration of all brickwork and stonework, following a detailed condition survey to identify defects.
The works involved:
- Careful selection of replacement materials and the subsequent renovation of the existing Portland limestone and Red Mansfield sandstone dressings and red stock brickwork.
- Stabilisation of the parapets and modification of the shop fronts.
- Design, manufacture and fixing 4 new Red Sandstone dormer window surrounds, the main entrance arch and floor paving.
- Dismantling of chimney stack and rebuilding in new facing brickwork.
- Renovation and replacement of existing slate/tiled roofing and towers.
- Refurbishment and replacement of flat lead roofs including replacement of timber roof structures and leadwork.
- Refurbishment of wrought iron work.
- Adaption of existing scaffolding to provide necessary access.