Freemasons Hall, Great Queen Street WC2B The Remodeling of Lightwells 3 & 4.
The works required the remodeling of light wells 3 & 4 to create two new ante rooms to Lodges on the 3rd floor and the creation of further space for future toilet facilities.
The works involved:
- Construction of new infill concrete floors at upper ground, first, second and third floor levels in both lightwells.
- Removal of glazed brickwork and Portland stone in the lightwell walls above the new roof line, treatment of Regents Street Disease to the exposed steelwork and replacement of the brickwork with salvaged bricks supplemented by free issue bricks from site stocks and the salvaged Portland stone.
- Removal of glazed brickwork to the perimeter of the lightwell at roof level, treatment and enclosure of the steel beams in concrete.
- Mono-pitch glazed roofs over the lightwells.
- Fitting out of the extended Lodge and Ante-Rooms on the Third Floor c/w high class finishes and decorations.
- Removal of windows and formation of new doorways into the newly formed infill floor levels and sundry other works to the remaining windows.
- Provision of temporary lighting to the newly formed infill floor levels.