St Mary's Monastery, SW4
The works involved:
- Scaffolding to all elevations and chimney stacks to undertake the complete renewal of all pitched roofs, including 100% new slating and new lead to ridges, gutters and valleys.
- Complete renewal of flat roof using the specified Bauder System.
- Repaired weathered external brickwork with new Swanage Red Imperials to the chimney stacks, parapets, crow steps together with various special brickwork areas generally around the higher levels.
- General brick indents were carried out on all elevations; creasing tiles were replaced on stacks and sills where necessary.
- In a number of areas, the Bath Stone was repaired using restoration techniques and utilised matching stone dust to achieve the greatest match possible.
- The garden elevations were cleaned using Mason’s low pressure water cleaning techniques.
- All sash windows have been serviced, repaired and eased where necessary.
- All gutters and down pipes were overhauled and replaced where specified; all previously painted surfaces including windows down pipes were redecorated.
- A new lightning conductor system was installed.