St Luke’s Church LSO, Old Street London 2013
The works required us to form a new opening in the existing West Knave wall to facilitate the new projector and the overhaul of the existing Northwest and Southwest doors. Everything had to be completed during the summer closed period.
The works involved:
- The design, distribution and erection of scaffold access in a sensitive location adjacent to IT, sound and lighting equipment.
- Formation of a new aperture in existing load bearing brickwork to facilitate the new projector behind.
- Now opening lined with Portland Stone.
- Provision of a glazed timber frame to the projector side of the aperture.
- Brick indents and repointing to the existing West Wall.
- Take off and removal to joinery shop the existing Northwest and Southwest doors for repair and refinishing.
- Provision of new ironmongery to the existing doors.