St Luke’s Church, Old Street
The works involved:
- Re-pointing of weathered and decayed natural Portland stone to the spire of St Luke’s Church.
- Installation of new stone planters and disabled ramps.
- Grinding of uneven slate flooring.
- Indenting to the spire and façades in Portland stone Helifix pinning and hydraulic lime grouting.
- Treatment and replacement of corroding ferrous metal fixing cramps.
- Work was carried out in a controlled environment in order to maintain a minimum ambient temperature over 7°C, anything below would prevent the lime from maturing correctly.