Swiss Re Project
Known as 'The Erotic Gherkin'.
The works involved:
- Specialist bespoke stone finishes to the bar and restaurant areas.
- Designing, manufacturing and installation of new granite and limestone floors, walls and staircase.
- Extensive stone selection in Italy to ensure absolute black granite only.
- Dry laying of Banc Neuf limestone to separate any material with any cloudiness to distinct sections.
- Flooring was honed to 800 grade grit for practical use in public areas.
- Spiral staircases include splayed steps, radiating treads and ramp and twist skirtings.
- Work was completed on a sequential floor by floor release programme.