Selfridges, Oxford Street
The works involved:
- Refurbishment and cleaning of stonework using JOS and DOFF systems.
- Replacement of Portland stone carvings, indenting, repointing and
- Provision of cathodic protection system to help protect the steel frame against corrosion.
- Window decoration and louvre replacement.
- Installation of major new floodlighting system at first floor and
- Replacement of bird deterrent installations.
- Asphalt repairs.
- Bronze refurbishment to the main door surround and clock.
- Design and installation of huge scaffold structure from first floor ledge to keep pavement clear of scaffolding – using 44 kilometres of scaffold boards, 56 kilometres of tube and 58,000 clips.
- An artistic screen, featuring Sir Elton John, was fitted to the outside of the scaffold and is noted in the Guinness Book of Records and
the largest photograph in the world.