Harrods – Knightsbridge 2008
Refurbishment of the external terracotta façades phased over 4 years. Prior to erection of scaffolding, each elevation is surveyed using powered access vehicles to establish the likely scope of work and quantity of terracotta replacement required.
The works involve:
- Cleaning of the façades using the DOFF hot wash system.
- Careful cutting out of fractured terracotta blocks replacing with new fired units.
- Cleaning and treatment of exposed corroded supporting steel frame.
- Timber repairs and re-decoration of all windows and signage.
- Builder’s work involving demolition and construction of new roof top toilet block.