Café Royal, Regent Street London
The works involved:
- A full condition survey of all three building facades to identify all repairs/ replacements of existing natural and reconstituted stone.
- Cleaning all facades with specialist cleaning methods varying from Hodge Clemco, Doff System, Joss Cleaning, Neb water cleaning and Poultice.
- Repointing works matching existing mortar stone joint to various facades.
- Taking down vast amounts of masonry to expose the Regent Street diseases to the structural steel that is causing dislodgment and structural damage to masonry.
- Structural steel treatment by removal of corrosion using the Hodge Clemco and treatment with epoxy paint to prevent recurrence.
- Steel fabrication works to railings, repairs and re painting.
- Creating new openings for shop fronts by designing stone to matching existing moldings, cills and detail.
- Dismantling and replacing 11no. stone dormers on the Regent Street elevation with stone matching original detail and profiles.
- Design and construction of the Air Street Mansard, units as large as 3 tons each.
- Granite indenting works and replacement units to low levels matching existing type.
- Screeding to the main cornices to all elevations to create a fall away from the building when raining.
- Lead weathering to all cornices.