Decimus Burton Screen
After a period of 22 years our long term commitment and associations with the Country's well known monuments will be reinforced again as we re-visit the iconic ionic screen in Hyde Park London.
In 1993 Stonewest completed a delicate and subtle scope of cleaning and consolidation works to Burton's triumphal screen.
In 2015 Stonewest have again been engaged to revisit the screen and complete sensitive masonry cleaning and repairs, re-pointing and leadworks to weathering surfaces.
In 1993 the works involved:
- Cleaning accomplished by intermittent nebulous water method
- Replacement of egg and dart mouldings and an intricate pilaster capital.
- New leadwork and asphalt roofing were installed, rainwater goods and metalwork renovated and a sophisticated bird deterrent system installed.
- New automatic gates were fitted to the central arch to improve access for the Household Cavalry.
In 2015 the works involve:
- Working for The Royal Parks maintenance works will include cleaning, repairs and repointing of Portland stone and some lead roofing repairs.
- Cleaning will be accomplished by a bespoke blend of intermittent nebulous water and steam cleaning systems.